Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surry hills mosque


Found it after finishing my weekly design meeting with Tim Greer. Had the discussion at his office Tonkin Zulaikha Greer (TZG), Surry Hills.

Was a very productive discussion. N Tim is definitely a good tutor. I clearly see my mistake.

"CLEAR ARCHITECTURAL CONCEPT"

My frequent problem in design is always by having non-architectural concept. It is hard to run away from it.

"Think about many concepts.Then ask yourself whether it is architectural or not. Of yes, u may proceed, if not, dump it. Get a new one! "

Very provocative statement that helps clearing up most of my problems.

Anyway, whats up with the surry hills mosque?

Went there for my maghrib prayers. I just knew about its existence last monday while gogle-ing the nearest place from TZG office for friday prayers. The discussion starts at 1pm. And same goes to the friday prayers. Somehow, there's a clash there so i should come out with immediate solution so wont miss out any of them.

I asked Tim is it possible for me to come at 2pm starting next week due to friday prayers. He said ok. Thats cool!

So people, if you want something, just ask. Dont keep your words coz no one gonna hear it. Let it out. The worst could happen is just a 'No'.

And yes, we live in a democratic world which is protecting human-equality among us. Dont be afraid!

No comments: