Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Love

Anyway, here goes the continuation from the previous post. While i'm taking a break from my assgmnt, let me share something that probably could help us in seeing thing more clearly.

So why is it love is more important than money?

Before I proceed, let me reiterate back, I'm not saying money is not important. It is! Especially when we start talking about our current situation. No money, we wont get anything. We cannot have an iphone, we cannot own an ipad and we cannot buy a macbook. No nothing ilekkk!

All that we could do just look, and keep dreaming of having one of them. So, MONEY is very important. But then, let me share with you guys from what I learnt during my last summer break...

Since that was the only time I am gonna be back at my beloved Malaysia, I have decided to look for Malay books. I dont care, as long as the book is in Malay, I want to have it, and make it as my bestfriend while I am at home. I had enough of English books while I'm in Sydney, so it would be very cool to have reading materials in our mother tounge.

I bought many books from Popular Book Store. Many until I could not remember the title of the books. But one book that I found very interesting and really beneficial was

celik mata hati

I read it from cover to cover and to my surprise, I didnt bored me at all. In fact, from chapter to chapter, it was very fast and when it came to the end, I felt like I was losing a bestfriend.

Anyway, so how does it actually has a relationship between money and love?

Let us go back to the history of Rasulullah SAW close friends;

Saidina Abu Bakar Al Khattab credit to Islam Sebagai Al-Din

Saidina Abu Bakar memang terkenal dengan sifat pemurahnya. Beliau sanggup memderma keseluruhan hartanya demi menegakkan agama Allah. Sebelum memeluk Islam beliau memang dikenali sebagai seorang bangsawan yang kaya lagi dihormati oleh masyarakatnya. Tetapi setelah memeluk Islam, beliau merupakan tokoh Islam yang utama sekali yang telah mengorbankan seluruh harta bendanya bagi kepentingan agama Islam. Di kalangan para sahabat dia tergolong orang yang paling murah hati dan dermawan sekali.

Dalam menyambut datangnya agama Islam, beliau menyumbangkan wang tunai 40, 000 dirham kerana memperjuangkan agama Allah dengan penuh rasa ikhlas dan kerelaan. Bantuan kewangan Abu Bakar itu dicurahkan dengan berbagai cara. Yang pertama adalah untuk membeli hamba abdi sahaya yang telahg memeluk Islam dan selalu diseksa oleh tuannya. Jumlah abdi yang telah dibeli oleh beliau adalah tujuh orang. Antaranya ialah Bilal bin Rabbah dan Amir bin Fahirah.

Saidina Umar Al-Khattab credit to Bersama Alexanderwathern 2

Saidina Umar cuba nak lawan Saidina Abu Bakar dari segi korban harta. Pernah satu ketika umat Islam perlukan harta untuk peperangan. Maka Saidina Umar bawa separuh daripada hartanya untuk didermakan. Dia beranggapan dapat mengalahkan Saidina Abu Bakar, tetapi Abu Bakar rupanya mengeluarkan seluruh hartanya. Begitulah pengorbanan para sahabat.


That were only two stories from the close friends of Rasullullah. There are more of them.

What did I learnt from them?
We do need money. Money would help to generate the economy and keeps everything running as normal. We need money to survive. We need money to study. And we need money for food. That is why, during the early Islamic era, the existence of those 'rich people' were very important. They were the one who give away all their money and wealth to ensure that the dakwah could be continued.

Yes, they give it away for all of them with the hope that one day, Islam would be just like what it is today. Very well-known and the number of muslims could increased from what it was in the beginning. Alhamdulillah, their good deeds really had generated more good deeds and Islam is one of the major religions in the world.

So from there, what I could see is they were willing to sacrifice their 'money' for the sake of Islam, which is their 'Love'! Because of 'Love', 'money' lost its value.

......

And since the day I realized about the existence 'love over money', i try to put it into implementation. Alhamdulillah, it feels really good. Money is no more the cause of my stress. I am free.

Few additional infos;

1. Rezeki di tangan Allah. Kita usaha, kita dapat. Kita share, kita dapat lagi banyak.
2. Amalkan surah al-waqiah setiap hari. InsyaAllah murah rezeki
3. Rajin kan bersedekah. Alhamdulillah, rezeki bertambah2. Im not kidding! It's already proven to me.



No comments: