Monday, May 16, 2011

Money


When i was a child, my dad always told me that money is very precious. It is something hard to get but if we work harder, we'll get more of them. Very inspiring.

So, since I dont have money and i want them for my junk food, i always followed my dad wherever he went with the hope, he could give me money. It worked, but not all the time.

One thing about him, my dad could see monetary values on anything. He collected old boxes, aluminium cans, newspapers, plastic bottles, broken glass, etc. and sell them for money. Eventhough for some people it is not worth since the price for each kg is very cheap, he dont care about it.

To him, who would give u money? Other people? Or those rubbish? I know, no one gonna give us money just like that. But we could actually gain money from all those rubbish. Very impressive.

Since i had been trained with that kind of mentality since i was a kid, it grows bigger as i am older. I always work to gain more money everyday. I dont care what am i doing, as long as it is halal and i am able to do it, i'll definitely go for it.

" whos gonna give u money if not yourself?"

At that particular time, money is very superior. I had to planned everything since that precious was not something easy to get.

However, things started to change during my trip to Indonesia (Jakarta, Bandung) early of this year. I saw many unlucky people as compared to myself. All they do were for money. Everything is money for them.

Until one day, when I looked outside from the balcony of my hotel, I saw a very old house just next to the hotel. There were a family living in them. The condition was like old those 'setinggan' house in Malaysia evenghough it is in the middle of Jakarta metropolitan.

I asked my friend, why didnt the people inside the house looking at us and admiring us at the same time? Dont they be jealous of seeing us living in such a great hotel? If i were them, i would stare at anyone coming to this hotel, and would make sure i would get the same treatment in the future.

But then, when i started to think back about it, it triggered something. After all, it is not just money that we are chasing for. It is more than that. It is love!

LOVE? How does it relevant to myself?

I'll talk more about it in the next post. Stay tune.

No comments: