Sunday, March 14, 2010

Money and Love

A couple came to the place where I work. They came at about 6pm and the restaurant was not busy at that time. So, I've got some time to have a chat with them.

They were asking me about the menu and I explained to them what they are.

That was when the conversation started to get more interesting. The wife ( i'm guessing) started to ask about the shop and the owner. She asked about the bird's cage covering the wall.

" Dont tell me that you are actually cut it into two"

" Yup, that was my boss's idea. She is very creative," I said with a smile
" And she's also designing this roof. She wanted it to look like the Malay Traditional House," I added.

" Ya, ya. But here, it is hard if we want to do such stuffs. The space is very limited," she replied.

The conversation continue for a while until I asked them to excuse myself since I had other work to do.



It does not stop there. After a while, she called me back to come to her table.

" So are you gonna stay here after you finish your study?"
"Owh I dont think so. I'm under scholarship and I have contract to work with them after everything here is done"
"What course are you doing?"
"Architecture"
"Really" she giggled.
"My husband here is an architect"


I smiled. I introduce myself and tell them that I am currently in my 3rd year. And I still have two more years to go.

Her husband smiled back to me. Then he started to ask me about what software do I know to use for architecture. I told them about my skills and to my surprise, his wife was asking for my contact details. She asked for my email and contact number. She said that she might give me a call if she needs my help, to help her husband.She added that at the moment, she is learning about some of the architecture softwares and it is really hard for her.

I gave everything that they asked for. They said thanks and ask for the bill.


It was nice to meet both of them. The wife is from Teluk Intan and her husband is and Indonesian. Eventhough that was our first time meeting each other, we didnt felt awkward to communicate.

Anyway, having this conversation, it makes me to start thinking about having a job as an architect. To tell the truth, I never imagine myself as an architect. I always see myself as an entertainer. I love entertainment and that explains why I always having a dream to become one. haha

When start thinking about job, it is also getting me to start thinking about money. Here is the twist. I want to have lots lots of money. Who doesnt rite?

So, I always thinking that it is actually better to work oversea so that I can actually take the advantage of the different currency rate. And at the same time, I dont want to live far away from my family. Being a son who had been studying in the boarding school since I was 12, it means that I had spent half of my life staying away from my family and only came back home during school holidays. I believe I had enough of it and so, if possible, I want to work somewhere near to my family.

The problem here is, if I want to work near with my family, it means that I have to work in M'sia. And by working there, I need to do part time job to get more money. There is no advantage that I could take unless all of my family are moving to Indonesia. Owh no. I love Malaysia very much.

When considering about this problem, the best I could do is to work in S'pore. I spent my Chinese New Year in S'pore this year and it is really a great city. I love the environment, the building and the food as well. They are great. However, when I told my friend about my innocent idea, yup, she agreed that I could gain more money but, my work loads there gonna make myself becoming someone who is worka-holic. I could not have time even for myself.

That is not something that I would choose. I would rather work in M'sia, rather than having that kind of life. I dont have the freedom. It is all about work work and work. Who loves to work for their entire life? No one!

While I'm writing this, I am still do not have any idea of what I would do about this matter.

"Go with the flow"

Yup, I believe that would be the best answer at the moment. Lets wait and see.

No comments: