Tuesday, March 30, 2010

She is ......

I was listening to the Morning Show of the 2Day FM while doing my design. It was a really good show where people would call the deejays and asking for their opinions regarding their problems. That's not the issue here. What I wanna share is about the problem of one of the callers.

She is going to get married in October and asking the deejays opinion. Yup, it sounded as a normal question but in order to answer the question, the deejays were asking her another question in answering her question.

" Who is having more money?"

WHAT?? >>> this was what I responded when I heard that.

" Me, I have twice of the man's money, " answered the woman.

HUH? >>> Me again.

The deejays : They would like the woman to reconsider back everything because the man might wanna get married to her because of her money. They were also raising up the issue about what would happened if the guy has an affair in other woman in the future and divorcing her. He would get a certain percentage of her money.

??????? >>> Me!

Okay. First thing first.

1. Why did the woman asking the question publicly to the deejays where it could be listened by all of the Sydneysiders?

2. The MAN might be one of the listeners since this radio is one of the famous station.

3. Why money is the main issue here?



My conclusion:

It is the different culture. It is the different way of thinking. It is the different way of seeing thing! between me as a pure Malay who is being influenced by the religion and culture, and the Australian who is very particular about themselves, giving their whole attention about their life in this world, and money as one of the most important things in life!

if I were the Girl, ........................................
okay, I would be asking the same question but not to the deejays! Maybe someone else who is more close to me and maybe my close friends who knows a lot about myself and my future husband.

and if I were the deejays,
THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT MY WAY OF ANSWERING THE QUESTION! it might be one of the option to consider but it is DEFINTELY not the main one!



1 comment:

ExtraTerrestrial said...

one more thing, they have a contract apetah aku lupa what they call when they get married. that is why the dj said that kalau that guy have another girl and divorce her, he would get some of her money. usually when they get married, ada contract says like all the money must be devided into 50% each and whatsoever. its different dari dalam islam.

to wife dlm islam, what yours is yours, and for men ie the husband, what yours is mine (read: wife). so.true and true it;s a different culture and case between malaysia and australia.

plus, in islam (read: suppose malaysia la), no matter how successful the wife is outside the house, balik rumah she bows to the husband and no others (ofcourse after Allah).