Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


Went to watch Alice at Bondi last night at 9.30pm. Been there with my other 4 friends.

I love watching 3D movie and this is definitely not the first. But maybe what made Alice to be so unlucky is because it happened to be screening after I watch Avatar. That I guessed where the mistake lies.

I went there with the hope to see something like Avatar - story line, cinematography and props are just awesome. Since Alice in Wonderland is just another 'fantasy' movie, thus it doesnt stop my mind to actually start expecting something which is full of variety and colorful of props! I didnt expect anything to do with the story line since it should be the same as the cartoon version.

Moreover, it is a '3D fantasy' where my mind starts to relate it as the 'Pandora' - the most beautiful garden I have ever seen in the movie! They should start to play with the same elements to strengthen the story line since people have already known of what to expect.

But then, after nearly 2 hours sitting down in the cinema, it was definitely not even near to my expectation. The main problem was they keep the 'gloomy' mode through out the movie and it is clearly can be seen from the color used with the graphic.

Through out the movie, there were a few times that I had fallen asleep. I was trying to be positive by saying that maybe due to the tiredness of going to the gym in the evening but when one of my friends saying the same, it is again making me felt that it was not worth it to spend AUD19 just to watch that movie.

No wonder I have came across an FB status saying that the cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland is far much enjoying as compared to this current 3D version. Too bad Alice. U need to try harder next time!


2 stars from me for the excellent make up of Johnny Depp and the cute two fat boys!

No comments: