Tuesday, March 9, 2010

i care

At the moment, i am giving more attention towards my brain. I suddenly felt that brain is actually the most important part in our body. Eventhough we cant see it physically, it doesnt mean that we should neglect about its existence.

Anyway, why should we pay really close attention towards our brain is because it is the one that connecting our thoughts with our physical body. We feel hungry and the impulse is being processed, send to our brain and it is then being transferred to hand to grab any food before putting in into our mouth. Not just that, our brain gives direction for us to actually chew the food and then let it go into our tummy. The process doesnt stop there, it is getting more complex and I believe a Biology Text Book would help me in explaining about this matter.

So, since taking good care of the brain is very important not to just me but all of us, I had been doing a few easy activities to make sure my brain to functioning in a good condition. These few activities are those simple one that could be done by us anywhere and anytime.

I've divided it into three categories which are:

1. Food for the brain
2. Exercise for the brain
3. Training for the brain


Let me explain each one of them in more details (according to my understanding)

1. Food for the brain
Every living things need food for them to keep alive. They need it for energy so that they could keep doing their daily routine. Just like human, if they dont get enough food, they wont be able to do any task for a very long time. The same situation is applicable to our brain. In fact, I believe the work that is done by the brain are far more harder, challenging and complex as compared to our physical has done. Thus, good food is very important in justifying the optimum output from our brain.

I drank a cup of fresh milk with honey. Milk and honey are very good for the brain. Besides, milk helps to keep our bones strong at the same time, giving us strength especially while doing any heavy tasks.


2. Exercise for the brain
What I mean by exercise is how am I going to let the blood to flow into our brain. Thus, I believe that any physical exercise would help this to possibly happen. This is because, let say when we go for jogging in the evening, it increase the pumping rate of our heart. When more blood are being pumped, the frequency of the fresh blood with oxygen to get into our brain is more. Oxygen is very important because it helps to cure any dead-cell and give more energy for our brain to work.

Therefore, when it has more energy to work, more information can be gathered and processed. That is why, I have sign up for the gym and actively play in squash, to ensure that my brain would get the expected 'exercise' for it to perform its best. And another easier way is just by performing 'solat' since the most time that our blood getting into the brain is during 'sujud'.


3. Lastly, training for the brain
I read stuffs from anywhere and try to relate it with myself. It is actually generating critical thinking which is very good in order to make out brain to functioned at its best!


Thats for now. I need to sleep now. Another reminder, if we dont get enough sleep, our brain wont get enough sleep too. This would make it tired, indirectly damaging it, causing it to function not at its best!

Good night ;)

No comments: