Friday, April 9, 2010

SS = Start Saving!

A conversation with a friend of mine at the cafe suddenly triggered me while I'm doing my laundry. She told me about some good point about her husband. I know as well. He's my autocad teacher.

She said that his husband, whenever he would like to buy something, he would first look at the price first. Later, he would do the calculation, save money everyday. For example, if let say he saw a watch and he liked it. N the price is aud200 for example. He would then save aud2 per day until the total saving is aud200 which takes him 100 days to keep maintaining the saving. Then he would straight away go to the shop and get the watch.

I am very impressive with his way of managing his money. Another good example is he is planning to watch the Australian Open early next year and then, he told his wife to start saving from the early of his year. He is saving an aud1 per day!

My point here is, he looks at things not in a small scale and then gonna become a bigger one after the accumulation if the total, within certain period of time. Unlike me, I see things as big, and if I like it, I would straight away get it. That is why, I prefer to shop during sale so that I won't feel bad whenever I'm owning the thing that I bought. Owh one thing that is good about me, before getting the stuff, I would think about it many many times so that I won't regret after owning the stuff.

However, the problem with my way of seeing thing is, I need to be ready at all the time. I should maintain my saving at certain amount, after considering about my monthly expenses. As for my friends, he might have to wait for certain period of time before owning the thing that he had be aiming for. Another factor to consider is the availability of the product. If he is seeing the price during sale, I don't think that it would be the same price after 3 months. The product might as well is already out if stock.

The advantage of his way is he could get the thing that he wants eventhough it is not on sale. One additional good thing about this is the excitement he could achieve after the long waits before owning the stuff. I'm sure it is definitely worth it! As for my way, I could enjoy the excitement of owning the stuff immediately and could staright away l
exploring about the stuff. And it is always in trend ( if I get it not during sale :p)

therefore, what I could say about this two ways of seeing things is we need to save money! No matter what ways we are using, saving money will definitely gonna help us in future. My father always tell me this,

" in the year to come, it is the world of money. You need money to survive!"

and looking at what is happening at the moment, my father is absolutely right! And i'm definitely agreeing with him.

No comments: