Tuesday, November 3, 2009

There is always hope

hey hola huuulaaaa hoop!

apa khabar semuaaaaaaaaaaaa?? sehattt???

the reason i'm back here just to tell you guys that i am now have finished with my 3rd year as an archi student! it seems like i just came to sydney yesterday and today, i'm done with it. pray that my results gonna be good so that i can further with my master next year.

anyway, what i want to share with you guys after this is about an experience that is just encountered by me, during my final presentation last thursday. "THE POWER OF DOA"

I started preparing for my final presentation a week earlier hoping that everything would run as what I had planned. However, it didnt turned out like what I had planned earlier. I only managed to finish my design model only the night before the presentation. Then I had to rush to do all of other requirements that were suppose to present during the presentation as well. Nothing else were in my mind rather that concentration with my works and the prayers to Allah with the hope that I could finish every single work by 9am the next day. But then, I only managed to finish all of the drawings and my design model but not my section model.

At first I thought I should be fine. Then later while taking my bath, it suddenly strucked my mind that, that model might be the cause for me not to further with my master. I was afraid. I had mixed feeling and my mind start to be negative, leaving me with no hope to hold on. After putting on my best attire, I kneel down and pray to Allah hoping that everyhting would be just fine. It worked! I got back the confident eventhough not much. At least I still got the courage to bring all my stuffs to uni on time. 10am sharp, I arrived at the studio.

However, different story happened here. I was very impressed with all of my other classmates' works. Not all, but those who had to present early. Then straight away my level of confident fall to the ground! ZERO. I packed all my stuffs and try to go to a place to be alone. There were some more works that I need to finish up. I had to make sure that my presentation gonna run just good, or at least it could still be considered in the intermediate group, not worst. I did some detail with my drawings, put all the drawings together and started to think on how should I do my presentation.

After finished, I went back to my class and asked my tutor about when is the time for my presentation. 2.40pm and it was 11.30am at that moment. I straight away packed up all my stuffs again, went back to finish my section model. However, while on the way back, it suddenly strucked me that I wont gonna make it. I am gonna screw my presentation. No confident. MINUS!

Then came to my mind about my mother. I asked her to call me back. Then I told her everything. Every single thing that bordering me at the moment. I had lost my confident. I felt like to skip the presentation and do it on other day. I cried! ( I know it sounds unmanly but that was what happened at that moment) I just cant control my mind from being extremely negative. The only think that kept running in my head was the word 'fail'. It scared me a lot.

However, the comfort words from a mother; the person that gave birth to me, the person that knows me the most, the person that is always at my side no matter what and the person that is considered as my positive inspiration; at that moment had at least cured the cancer that was in the progress to kill me. The more she kept talking, the more strength I got to fight back. I was nothing at the beginning of the call but in the end, I got the courage to finish the model and prepared for my presentation. I did it! My mom called me back just after I finished everything. Just in time.

I went back to uni with all my finished stuffs. I was the last person to present. Before the presentation I remember my mom's told me to just be confident and tell the juries everything that I had prepared. That was the first thing in my mind before I started explaining about my design idea.

Finally, when I was done with my part, then the jury went by saying that he liked my way of thinking and my design idea. And before everything approaching the ending, a sincere smile from my tutor with him thanking me for my presentation had really made my day! I did great! Alhamdulillah.

I smiled. The first smile for the entire design studio for this session. The most expensive smile.

Thousands of thanks to my mom who kept praying for my success. She is definitely my no 1. And for my friends out there who did the same. Thank you so much! Not forgotten, you who kept inspiring me with all the wisdoms and you, who always tried to help me eventhough you failed ;P. Thank you ;)

Something for all of you guys out there, dont loose hope. NEVER. When you feel unsecure, go look for you 'spirit builder', they will help you to survive. And dont forget Allah, HE is always there to help. Dont stop your praying to Him. InsyaAllah, the ending gonna be a smile.

p/s: Still waiting for my final result. Do me a favor, pls pray the ending gonna be a happy ending. Thank you ;)

2 comments:

ExtraTerrestrial said...

ha.kan ok gitew.

ah.ko boleh.jgn nak ambil title drama queen dari aku boleh tak?

ps: congratulation. lepas ni ko postgrad student jugak la.boleh join mypsa. winks!

Tonka d' wombat said...

im soooo happy for you!! ;)congratulation!!! you almost reach the finishing line...keep the spirit going and u'll be on your way to achieve great success i.A!!!

my prayers will always be with you =)

p/s:
It's obvious that your mum acts as your ultimate 'Secure Base',a new term i learned a week ago...
(Secure base can be a person, place, goal or object that provides a sense of protection and motivation for us to pull ourselves together during hard times. A good secure base should be able to accept,value and foresee one's potentials instead of judging/criticizing him or her based on the current state.)

You should be grateful to have a great 'secure base' to rely on.

HAvE a goOd hOlidAyyyy!!!! ;)