Saturday, August 1, 2009

Helpless mind

I am now at the stage of not knowing what should I choose between two things. Both of them are those that I want to have at the moment. Let's have a look.

1. The Squash Racquet

Dunlop Hotmelt Pro Squash Racquet. The one I always checked at the shop whenever I go shopping. Its weight is 135g which is so light as compared to my previous one.

So why do I need a new racquet? It is simple. I play squash frequently, about 3-4 times a week. I am in the uni team and joining the competition. It is not something that I want but I guess it is more towards something that I need. Furthermore, my old racquet is already being used since I was in 1st year which means it is already 2 yrs old.

I still love my old racquet but I am thinking of having a new one which is less heavy than before. My old racquet is about 150g, (I guess) which kinda hard for me to swing whenever in the game. I have to use expensive string which is not durable enough for someone who play squash regularly, like me. I had it once and to tell the truth, I was impressed with its performance. It increased the force you put on the ball whenever the ball is being hit.

However, it did not last long. 3 months after that, the string broke, and I had to change a new one. Then it made me realized that I am not going to pay another AUD45 for the string. Yes I like the performance very much but being a student, it is a lot to pay such amount of money, FREQUENTLY! huhu. Then I just changed the string with the normal one, the one I had been using before. And since I was used to the performance of my previous string, I do not really favour with the latest performance of my racquet.

Therefore, if let say I am buying this racquet, I am thinking that I can play squash with the performance of my old racquet using that expensive string. Why? Since the racquet is much lighter, it is kinda easy for me to swing the racquet, resulting more force can be exerted onto the ball (wah Physics! haha). Thus, I am assuming that extra force from that expensive string is then being subtitute by the force resulting from the extra swing I can do whenever I am using this racquet. The best part is, I can just use the normal string but having the performance which is the same like when I use my old racquet with that expensive string.

And now it makes me think, how good the performance gonna be when that expensve string string is being put on this racquet? Must be really great!

The price? It cost only AUD149 with AUD10 for the delivery charge. I saw it at the racquet shop and the price is AUD300++. Good deal rite?



2. Clarinet (for those who is not familiar, it is the one in black)

At first, I was thinking of getting a guitar since my roomate just got his from ebay. Maybe if I got mine too, then it would be easier for me to learn how to play a guitar since my roomate is willing to teach. But I changed my mind when I saw an AUD2.95 clarinet book. I bought it, then after going through the book,it reminiscence my good old time during I was in my school's orchestra. I love music. And I love the feeling of being a musician. I am a person who appreciate music not because how it looks, but how it is being composed.

And it was last morning, I searched about the clarinet at ebay and to my surprised, it cost less than AUD200. That was awesome. If I am not mistaken, when I was in the orchestra, I asked my music teacher about the cost of a clarinet and she said it was about RM3000++. I was surprised since I thought it was only costing for about a few hundred riggit.

Therefore, considering both of the coincidence that happened to me; the clarinet note book and the price of the clarinet, should I get it or not?



p/s: OPS! by the time I end this post, my new racquet is on the way to my house. AUD159 gone. huhu. So, should I get the clarinet? hehe

5 comments:

niji said...

please get the clarinet jugak. but if possible get one that you have tested. coz if it's cheap, sometimes there's a reason behind it.. if ur still not convinced, tgk la video2 budak2 orches this year.. nanti i upload

thepretender said...

hi Leen!

thanks for dropping by here. ;)
tu la, still not convincing enough whether I should get it or not. N now, I keep checking the price on the net. haha

Do u have any idea of what brand is good for a clarinet? tatau nk tanye sape aaa... huhu

Tonka d' wombat said...

[AUD 159~squash racq + AUD 200~clarinet] X 6 = price for one LV bag....heeee...lagi dilemma kan? ;P

niji said...

lol.. no idea la.. but i'll try asking these ppl here~. get back to u as soon as!

thepretender said...

ain:
*managesssssssssss!!*
hiks


leen:
thanks ;)