Thursday, July 30, 2009

Iqra


Iqra! Iqra! Iqra!
Bacalah!
Read!

I guess the main problem with we Malays is we do not like to read. Unlike Caucasian, everywhere they go, there is always book on their hand. In the bus, during lunch or while waiting for someone, they will take out the book and read. It is already becoming their culture, hunger for knowledge, wherever they go.

Different case for us Malays. We do read, but only for light reading material. Comics, entertainment magazine and newspaper - sports and entertainment, again! We prefer something that do not need us to think or to relate it with our life but not about others' life. 'Jaga tepi kain org', the correct phrase for this case.

Anyway, I am writing this because this is actually the things keep haunting me since I was in my high school. I only read to pass my exam. That's it. Nothing else would get my attention with exceptional for sports and entertainment. It is then makes me to become an ignorant person with high level of ego as the filling. I told the world that I know everything and act as if I'm the walking dictionary.

However, the truth is always bitter. I know nothing. NO-THING! It is just that my skill of manipulating people's words make me still at the top, look high by the rest of the people. I realized about that long time ago but since I still managed to survive mainly due to that advantage, my ignorance level keeps increasing as the time flies. But today, is another different story. I guess it is the time for me to change.

"IQRA!" The word that changes Muhammad SAW life. The word that changes the Mecca people perception. The word that finally changes the flow of the whole world. And now, I am another small creature to get the light shine from it. Hopefully it is forever.

"I want my brain to be sold cheap when my head is being cut"

2 comments:

mushroomHONEYDEW said...

salam..setuju setuju..for sure bangsa membaca bangsa berjaya..=)

thepretender said...

btol btol! jom membaca :)