Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Linen

This is totally a new experience, knowledge and field to me. Textiles in interior architecture, my elective for this sem.

The moment I entered the class, there were only two guys with more than 10 girls (not sure the actual figure) sitting down on the chair while waiting for the lecturer. I was a lil bit shocked but who cares, that's the only subject that suits my timetable at the moment.

I was expecting to learn something about fashion designing when I enrolled into this subject. haha. How silly I am. The word 'textiles' to me is just for the fashion. That's all I know. But when the explanation given by the lecturer, then I started to realized that there are a lot more other stuffs can be explored just by the word 'textiles'. Textiles in Interior Architecture, the subject which gonna give me an intro about how we can use textiles with the interior part of our house. Furniture, bed, wall paper? That are some of other usage of textiles besides fashion.


linen- one of the fabric shown during the class and I really think that this fabric is awesome. I like it the best among all. Simple, classic and not formal. Quoting from my lecturer, 'linen is the most durable fabric of all". Then it suddenly came into my mind, 'buat baju kawen pon smart jugak!' *lariiiiiii

haha. ok people. need to do more research about this subject since everything here is new to me. warp? weft? woven? knitted? arghhhhhh.

3 comments:

Tonka d' wombat said...

this is sooo interesting! wujud yek subject mcm ni?? best nyerrrr....mesti nnt bljar bnyk pasal interior design/ type of cloth sume yek?? best best!!! nanti design la wallpaper cantik2...merrryyy!! ;)

p/s: motif linen buat bj kawen? tak seswai la...memang durable, tp x merry merryna!!! baju kawen kena la guna French Lace bertatahkan batu Swarovski...LOL!

nickvanhakim said...

hanafi, nanti korang architect kena buat submission to authority guna linen copy..

thepretender said...

ain:
tu lah! baru realize subject bile kene carik subjek untuk cukupkan elektif. very interesting! maen dgn color n kain! hehe

tuh diaaa baju kawennnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! mak andam pon menanges! hiks


nik:
nik!! haha. tetibe ko ade kt sini plak. tak sangka. linen copy? mknenye kene print atas kaen nih ke?