Thursday, August 13, 2009

Apologies

Hey people,

I'm sure you guys love the smell of Cappuccino, the taste of Mocha or the darkness of Long Black. Espresso coffee, part of the culture of being an Australian.

Everywhere you go, you'll definitely found people selling the coffee especially in the cafe. Coffee is like our 'teh tarik', but has variety of types to suit the needs of different person. Latte, Flat White and Short Black, are those familiar names for the cafe barista.

What makes those coffee different from each other? Well, based on what I had learned, the main factor of different taste and color is due to the amount of milk you put into the coffee. Apart from that, additional ingredient such as chocolate powder and type of milk are also contributing to the changes in coffee.



Anyway, how does the story of coffee is related to me?


Yesterday, it was my first time making coffee for my customers. Before this, I always passed that important job to a friend of mine who is already expert in it. However, she was on leave due to personal reason, left me to handle it alone.

" 3 Cappuccino please"

" What size do u want mdm? Any sugar?"

" Do you put 2-shots for the large right?"

"Yup"

" Just get me three large Cappuccino then. No Sugar"

"Ok sure :)"


There went my first conversation with a customer regarding the espresso coffee. I behaved like normal, looking just right an expert in making coffee. I blended the coffee and put it in the machine. The skim milk was frothed.

Three large take away cups were taken and there went my first three Cappucinnos.

"Thank you so much"

"Have a good day"


But then,

I started worrying about what was happened. A small voice told me that there were something wrong with the coffee. Yup, I was pretty sure about it!


"Auntie (my boss), do we have to change the coffee in the coffee machine everytime we make a new cup of coffee?"

"Absolutely! If not, you would spoiled the taste."


Oh no. That was my huge mistake! Bad starting for a beginner. I am sorry Mdm. Really sorry. Didn't mean to spoil your mood. There wentmy first lesson about the coffee making precess.

Frankly speaking, it started to pity the Australian woman. My mistake. I am apologies with what I did. And now, I am hoping that she would get something else in return. Something good for her. Aku bermohon padamu Ya Allah...

No comments: