Thursday, June 24, 2010

do or not to do?



i love surpriseeeee! haha

my white glasses broke while i played squash last few weeks. then I told my mom about it and asking her to go to the optometrist where i bought the frame, asking them whether they could change it with the new one.

but then, it actually took her many days to go there since no one is free at the moment. plus, everytime my dad went to the shop, it is still closed and i dont think that my dad is a person who loves to wait.

Few days back, while i try on my new suits (yep, just bought it purposely for my graduation :p), i did took some photos of me with n without specs. then a thought came to me 'why dont i try to use contact lenses? i look good though, with or without specs ;p hahaha). so, when i called my mom that night, i told her to ask the optometrist how much the cost for the contact lenses and is it possible for her to buy it for me and post to sydney. that was just a plan cause i'm still not sure whether no wear or not to wear the contact lenses. it is my first time, so it is something new and i'm not familiar with it.



but then, last two days, i went to bring my white glasses for repair at one of the optometrist in Randwick. Since I was already there, I did asked the optician about contact lenses. According to him, I have to get the prescription from the local optician about my eyes and bring it back to him, then only he could make the contact lenses for me.

however, when taking consideration about the cost, it is very costly to make the contact lenses here. i have to pay for the consultation fees for the prescription on top of the price of the contact lenses which is aud2 per day! that is very expensive and i dont think i would waste my money on that.

but then, on the same day, i got a call from my sister telling me that my mom already bought 3 pairs of contact lenses for me. i was so surprised. that's it! i'm gonna use contact lenses after this!


No comments: