Friday, August 20, 2010

hari raya hari raya hari raya hari raya
aidilfitri adidilfitri aidilfitri aidilfitri


listening to lagu raya makes me thinking about my kampung
i still remember when raya is just aorund the corner
i'll definitely the most busiest person in the family
not the one that doing the masak2
but my existence is more towards the arangement and decorations of the house

i'll gather all my siblings
and divided the tasks for them to be done in certain time
lap tingkap, sapu sampah, susun buku, lap kipas
yeah, basically, doing the cleaning up
me myself will be the person in charge with the vacuum
and mopping the floor.
for the whole house.
rumah depan, rumah tengah, rumah bawah!
penat okehh!

but then, eventhough all of these are done during last week of ramadhan
we were actually enjoying every little bits of the gotong royong
mak will be busy at the kitchen
getting ready with all the rempah ratus
ayah will be the one in charge with the ketupat
he makes the ketupat, and sometimes, if i'm free, i'm gonna be with him
trying to finish all the orders

my sisters will be helping my mom putting in the rice into the ketupat
and make them ready before sending them to those who had ordering them for hari raya

i miss those moment
really missing them

not forgotten
10 days before raya
i'll be busy looking for kayu pelita
went into the forest
and cut all potential trees to be used as kayu pelita

put them all onto my bike
or motorcycle
then bring them back
before placing them all
around the house
about 40 of them
that was very lovely

at night
gonna be busy with friends
playing meriam katak, meriam buluh, mercun, bunga api
and sometimes, we did also play 'police and thief'
with all the neighbours
who had already becoming part of my family

before berbuka,
ill fill the pelita with minyak tanah
placing them in the kereta sorong
before putting them onto the kayu pelita

after berbuka
we are all running around the house
to put the fire on the pelita
and singing lagu 'selamat hari raya'

i miss my family
i miss celebrating raya in my kampung
i miss my adik2
i miss my kawan2
i miss my mom rendang basah
i miss making ketupat pasar with my dad
i miss vacuuming the whole house
i miss incharging the decoration of the house
i miss playing meriam
i miss searching for kayu pelita
and most of all
i miss seeing each and every faces of my sweethearts!

selamat hari raya
maaf zahir batin

No comments: