Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adelaide


6-12 July: I was having my road trip to Adelaide and Melbourne. At first, I was thinking that it must be boring since we chose to use Tarago instead of flight. Just imagined, 20 hours journey to Adelaide and u were stacked inside the full-packed tarago? It was awful!! But luckily, I brought along my UNO cards and we used it to play MAFIA games which made our journey seemed shorter.
us!

One unforgettable incident during our first 10 hrs of journey was one of the car’s (the Wagon) tires punctured! It happened on 4.21 am at an unidentifiable place. The scariest part was that place reminded me of one movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre! I watched it the day before our road trip started and it obviously still remained fresh in my mind. Damn, just imagined, what if suddenly it’s really happen? I’m sure u guys will never know about me and my unstoppable journey anymore. Thanked God cause we went there using two cars, Tarago (as I’ve mentioned earlier) and a Wagon which we called it Suziela. So, the night or could be said as morning did not feel so lonely since all of us went down to see the tire being repaired. Oh ya, it was all with the helped from the Tarago’s lights! I don’t think that it would be much easier if there was only one car. So people, if u r going for a roadtrip and planning to drive at night, make sure u guys are fully prepared for any circumstances!!

adelaide I

adelaide II

We arrived at Adelaide at about 5pm. Wonderful! That was the first thing came out in my mind when I saw the city. The landscapes, the buildings and the people there were totally different from Sydney. Adelaide made me agreed with the saying ‘love at the first sight’. The city was not as busy as Sydney, the environment was really self-cooling (I don’t know this word exist or not) and standing ovation to its urban design planner! It was totally different from what I’ve heard from other people before. For me, Adelaide is still one of the best places I’ve ever been to. Not just because of the environment, the food itself, cheap and delicious! Anyway, with the help from Munir (dude I owe an entry about u!!) we had our first and foremost halal kangaroo meat as our dinner!! Frankly speaking, it tasted like meat, the normal meat which u can get easily get in Malaysia. Well, at least we have tried something which is not every Malaysian has the opportunity to try. Hehe. Straight after the dinner, Munir brought us around the city, stopped at one of the cafĂ© and pretend like we were at mamak!


The next day, we planned to get some souvenirs and end up at the Central Market. Oh ya, we took the free tram services and again, thanks to Munir for telling us about that. We had our lunch at Hungry Jack (we Malaysian called it as Burger King). And for u guys’ info, the only Halal Hungry Jack restaurants are in Adelaide and that was the main reason we chose it as our lunch place. Straight after that, we continued our journey with some shopping at the Rundle Mall before leaving Adelaide for Melbourne.


We stopped at Handhorf - A historic German village in the Adelaide Hill. This is another MUST place when you are in Adelaide. I like the view so much and I’m sure those who are into photography, will do the same.


I bought the best dark chocolate here from Just Chocolate. The owner was so friendly and that made me promoting her shop in this blog! So guys, u MUST buy chocolates from her shop if u are happen to be there! Hehe. Our last stop before heading to Melbourne was the Strawberry Factory. It was not in the plan. We decided to stop since it was still early. We bought jams here as souvenirs. Till then, stay tuned for the next update!!! chiow

No comments: